PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Late Late Show

It’s easy to get tired watching Lolita vs the Vampires
I might almost say it’s a sedative but my pharmaceutical experience
steers me in another direction altogether

& the moonlight drifting in through the venetian blinds
made me think of neon blurred in the fogmist at Hermosa Beach
not unlike the headlights of a submarine trolling the midnight streets

I had to catch the replay in glorious technicolor
all kinds of low-end torque rumbling in transition w/cracked
bells & clarinets washing up onshore with the incoming tide

I wore dark glasses beneath a desperate haircut & the
cypress trees were huddled above the beach like the Women of Thebes
& I could see the sky breaking open behind them

partly sunny w/a prevailing sense of impending doom