PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Sunday, January 5, 2014

With No Purpose Other Than to Prevail

It was a Tuesday
I had a Guinness for breakfast
& went surfing

my seaside algorithmic getting the best of me

so stoked later I bench-pressed a Cadillac
singing baby please don’t go
back to the monster mask
factory

The tamale lady was parked under a
blue sky that screamed for frijoles & rice
pico de gallo
& all the leaky valve stems
in the Tao Te Ching

Sea Sea Rider
in B-flat
breaking left off the incoming ocean
mist
under the now pink
blue gray orange & white sky
tapping the prehistoric
wah-wah pedal

Sunset is the color of my true love’s love
something better said w/a bouquet of kelp blossoms

but bringing them home to you
with my head full of
Leucothea, Su Tung-p’o, Percy Sledge vs Godzilla,
& all the migrating gray whales

it’s way too easy to get lost