PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sand in the Vaseline

I think it was a Tuesday, I had to buy some bread
            that is I had to buy a plastic bag with air & bread inside
                                   
Ocean to Broadway up Front Street & back

            Sky the color of a sea-stone
            drawn with blue-green T’ang Dynasty crayons

Water beneath the ocean
for the sea urchin, for the abalone,
for the suicide’s bath
 
not to mention the remorseless passion I’m attempting to
skate through
SUFFERING                         because I want to?
There’s no other reasonable explanation
 
Cobbled stones, tangled seaweed, tortured beach cypress, wherever
summon the tides & the flames together
 
& I’m still right here
 
            I can feel the concrete beneath my sneakers
            as I watch my shadow skipping
                                                to keep in step

the sky & the streets                like me
slanting down into the sea