PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Friday, August 12, 2011

Spanish Antennas

Time stops & starts it doesn’t matter
who you are or where you’re going
you can drink beer & watch cable TV
until you forget your name
& the early morning fog sits on the pier
              in full lotus posture
                              smoking cigarettes
w/Dalai Lama bumper stickers attached
              It was all so real I wanted to
                              set fire to my shoe laces
I said Love makes the sidewalk crooked
              I was thinking of you
but it was a secret
                              a tape measure shot
I never knew where it landed
dark motel room throwdowns w/plenty of ice
If you’re in the right place at the right time the
sunlight sparkles on the waves like the face of an
unknown god who speaks only the language of gulls