PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mug Shots of the Rich & Famous

I said, Snap off a piece of this & save it for
later, then made a u-turn at Devil’s Slide
just because I could

              father, son & hungry ghost
all blue, all silver, all dipped in goat milk
                              afraid the phone might ring
              in the middle of your daily hallucination

impervious

The late afternoon sparkle on the water
the surf swamped out by the tide
you can’t know any more than that

Insanity Cruz, California

              you are the sand in my sombrero

just a sad, busted up time, I know, & nothing
that can be said makes any difference
so I’ll say it anyway

& sign up for lessons at the gas station
bending like a single blade of grass beneath
the weight of a thousand shadows