PLEASE HELP BLUE PRESS STAY AFLOAT

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Goodbye, Dirty Machine (part 4)


4

Ramona’s many charms and presences had been made known to me two days earlier upon my arrival to the airstrip on the west edge of town...picked up in a golf cart by my mother and led through the old west two main streets of sand and sanctity town...small stores, stray dogs, walk-up bars, colorful and smiling people, activity, the beating sun, the tumbling breeze...Everyone I met had something to say about the lovely Ramona...But it was at Fido’s, in the newly broad light of my mother that I first put my gaze in the direction of the Ramona’s particular folly and water spirit lovliness...she was in the small jewelry shop that sat street side under Fido’s giant canopied palapa roof.   She was with Celeste, her Belizian/American friend, also a friend of my mother’s, and I knew right away that the miracle of incorporation was close at hand, that I somehow possessed her from that moment, when I knew I could walk away from her at any time...that I had reached the primacy of some sexual prowess just by being in Central America & I had anticipated meeting her, I could feel the force of her moving towards me, as I myself moved in a ribald zig across the United States and down into the Equator...

It was December 18 and everything was flung wide-open, there was decay in the air and I was to work on it...I was getting the gentle breeze that blew in off the Barrier Reef a quarter mile out across the emerald highway...I had sat at my new altar that morning in tropical sand-yard newness, in the house with no ceilings, the house of my mother...The Universe was telling me to work on what had been spoiled and that could only be my ex-Wife...which could only be my own wretched self, a self in a thousand, a million, a billion, a trillion...”I have a little dog and they want to take it away from me” Oh my self!   How I had satisfied, pleased, and delighted my self with foods, spices, colores, various unguents, jewels, conveyances, banners, hordes of friends, cars, drinks, and hours, hours of crayoned-like rainbows, adorned with schizophrenic mandalas...”My disease, my personality, and my penis”...I was going to work on my SELF and recoil from work and danger...However, there was, amongst this undeniable call for reform, a second and profound whisper along the lotus-sitted path of mirth...there was to be a Preponderance of the Great, the joyous lake above and the gentle wind below...with lovely pink wings Ramona was going to blow in and I would be forced to extraordinary measures...

-Michael Price